Farewell Scaleform, embrace Panorama: Aug. 30 update retires old UI | News
Valve have now fully embraced the Panorama UI, officially retiring the old version of the user interface, Scaleform. Until last night, Aug. 29, Scaleform was available through console command “-legacyscaleformui”, an option no longer supported. Further, various optimisations were implemented for the brand new Panorama UI, as well as quality of life and bug adjustments.
In-game adjustments were also made to Mirage and the recently-released MP5-SD. The dusty map received an aesthetic touch-up in the T-spawn area in the form of fixed texture blending, meanwhile the silenced SMG had the metal on its ejection port darkened.
Lastly, Valve implemented a free version of CS:GO that allows users to play offline and view matches on GOTV. Users are able to download this version of the game by searching “CS:GO – Free” in the Steam Store.
Below are the release notes:
– Added tournament items for the FACEIT 2018 London CS:GO Major Championship and the London 2018 Pick’Em Challenge.
– Later today, CS:GO will be freely available for offline play and GOTV viewing by installing “CS:GO – Free” from the Steam Store.
– Added better support for Panorama UI on low-end machines.
– Added support for weapon stickers and character gloves on the character featured in the main menu.
– Fixed a case where weapon finishes appeared overly dark.
– Adjusted optimal movie resolution based on user’s CPU and GPU levels.
– Fixed extra bright flashlight on characters when loading non-HDR community maps.
– Darkened exposed metal on ejection port and bolt.
– Added support for MP5-SD to workshop workbench.
– Fixed texture blends in T-spawn area.
– CS:GO has bid farewell to the Scaleform UI. “-legacyscaleformui” is no longer supported.
– Updated the Settings menu to display the Steam Controller Configurator if a Steam Controller is detected.
– Added a new recommended Steam Controller config to better support the Buy menu and Team Select menu.
– Miscellaneous stability and security improvements.