Teamfight Tactics patch 9.23 change list
The first big patch for Teamfight Tactics set 2 is here and it’s bringing plenty of changes with it. Along with balance updates for certain Rise of the Elements units, and traits, this patch also has the new True Damage-themed Little Legends.
One of the biggest changes coming with this patch is a buff to the three-star versions of certain Tier 2 and Tier 3 units. Champions like Jax, Leblanc Neeko, Ezreal, and Aatrox are all getting big damage increases to go along with their three-star upgrades. According to Riot the idea behind this is to reward players for their investment, and make sure that these difficult-to-find upgrades feel like satisfyingly powerful.
This patch will also re-enabled TFT’s ranked mode, which was originally turned off while Riot tried to get the balance right for Set 2. First of all, every single player will be reset to Iron to start the season. You won’t lose any LP for your first five TFT matches, and you won’t lose any for placing fourth or better in a game, which should make climbing at higher ranks a little bit easier.
You can find all the changes that arrived with this Teamfight Tactics patch below. If you want to see the changes that came to the rest of League of Legends you can check out the preseason patch notes.
- Glacial stun chance: 20%/40%/60% >>> 20%/35%/50%
- Light: The total heal amount is now based on the dying Champion’s health rather than those receiving the heal.
- Ocean mana per second: 15/30/50 >>> 15/35/60
- Shadow bonus damage: 50%/100% >>> 45%/85%
- Warden bonus armor: 125%/275%/450% >>> 150%/300%/450%
Three-Star Ability Scaling
- Jax Damage: 150/250/350 >>> 150/250/450
- Leblanc Damage: 200/450/700 >>> 200/450/800
- Neeko Damage: 100/200/300 >>> 100/200/350
- Syndra Damage: 175/350/525 >>> 175/350/600
- Thresh Shield (note balance change below): 250/400/550 >>> 250/400/600
- Volibear Damage: 200/450/700 >>> 200/450/850
- Aatrox Damage: 250/500/750 >>> 250/500/1000
- Ezreal Damage: 200/400/600 >>> 200/400/800
- Kindred Damage: 150/325/500 >>> 150/325/650
- Nautilus Stun Duration: 3/4/5 >>> 3/4/6
- Nautilus Damage: 100/200/300 >>> 100/200/400
- Sion Damage: 200/400/600 >>> 200/400/800
General Champion Balance
- Ivern Shield: 200/400/600 >>> 200/350/500
- Maokai Passive Heal: 100/200/300 >>> 100/175/250
- Nasus Ability Damage: 35/70/105 >>> 50/70/90
- Nasus Ability Bonus Health: 200/400/600 >>> 250/400/550
- Taliyah Mana: 50/85 >>> 50/80
- Taliyah Ability Stun Duration: 1.5 >>> 2
- Vayne Ability Damage: 8%/12%/16% >>> 9%/12%/15%
- Vladimir Ability Damage and Heal Amount: 200/350/500 >>> 200/325/450
- Malzahar Minion Health: 300 >>> 250
- Rek’Sai Ability Damage: 200/550/900 >>> 250/550/850
- Skarner Mana: 0/75 >>> 0/65
- Skarner Armor: 30 >>> 35
- Thresh Ability Shield: 200/300/400 >>> 250/400/600
- Yasuo Ability Hits: 3/5/7 >>> 4/5/6
- Ezreal Mana: 0/40 >>> 0/30
- Ezreal Ability Cast Time: 0.5 >>> 0.25
- Ashe Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.8
- Brand Ability Damage: 250/450/650 >>> 300/450/600
- Brand Bounces: 4/6/20 >>> 5/6/20
- Malphite HP: 800 >>> 850
- Olaf Mana: 0/75 >>> 0/90
- Yorick Ghoul Health: 750/1250/1750 >>> 600/1000/1400
- Yorick Ghoul Attack Speed: 0.8 >>> 0.7
- Singed Health: 1050 >>> 950
- Singed Ability Damage: 250/500/2000 >>> 200/400/2000
- Taric Health: 850 >>> 900
- Frozen Heart Attack Speed Slow: 35% >>> 25%
- Guardian Angel: Can no longer be healed during the resurrecting state.
- Iceborne Gauntlet Attack Speed Slow: 35% >>> 25%
- Ionic Spark Damage: 100 >>> 90
- Everyone will be reset back to Iron.
- No losing LP for the first 5 games.
- No losing LP for placing 4th or better.
- General improvements to melee unit pathing.
- Spooky, invisible Woodland units no longer erroneously add to Trait bonuses
- All PVE small monsters are now properly considered 1-star.
- All summons are now properly considered 0-star.
- Dragon/Elder Dragon/Rift Herald are now properly considered 3-star.
- Ranged Berserkers (via Rapid Firecannon or Berserker’s Axe) now properly deal damage emanating in a cone from their target instead of themselves.
- Fixed a few height bugs on Freljord Arenas. Items and champions should no longer get buried in the terrain.
- The Electric trait no longer benefits from Ability Power, and no longer feeds into Hextech Gunblade.
Tier 1 champions
- Diana’s orbs can no longer hit multiple targets each.
- Kog’Maw’s ability adjusted to miss far less often.
- Renekton’s ability now properly deals Magic Damage (tooltip to be updated next patch).
- Fixed healing text on Vlad to show the proper amount.
- Zyra’s plants attack speed and duration now match their intended amount.
- Zyra plants no longer occasionally hop into your bench.
Tier 2 champions
- Malzahar’s minions attack speed now matches attack speed ratio. (This results in a slight reduction of Malz Minion AS)
- Volibear’s ability now also restores him to full mana if a non-execute cast kills the target.
Tier 3 champions
- Azir no longer summons soldiers adjacent to untargetable units like Zyra plants.
- Dr. Mundo won’t cast his ability when there’s nothing in range that it could hit.
- Qiyana won’t cast her ability when there’s nothing in range that it could hit.
- Clarified Veigar’s tooltip that it instantly kills lower star targets.
- Veigar’s ability now executes non-champions if their star level is below his.
Tier 4 champions
- Annie can no longer gain mana if she summons two Tibbers (Mage’s Cap), then one of them dies.
- Fixed Ashe’s three-star Scaling to be the intended 250% value
- Fixed an issue where Ashe could not proc Blademaster while her ability was active
- Fixed Olaf and Singed looking like they were glacial’d, even though they were still attacking
Tier 5 champions
- Champions can now properly take damage from multiple poison trails created by different copies of Singed.
- Zed’s clones now properly attribute damage to Zed in the damage tracker.
- Dragon’s Claw now also reduces magic damage received from non-ability effects (Items, Traits, etc.)
- Fixed Iceborn Gauntlet’s attack speed slow occasionally persisting across rounds
- Inferno Cinder now properly works on: Renekton, Jax, Rek’Sai, Vayne, and Nami’s Tidal Wave empowered attacks
- Spatula items now correctly no longer double the non-spatula component’s stats
- Talisman of Light now correctly grants Magic Resist